Saturday 25 April 2009

Hallo

Blog blog blog! First post! I'm Graeme, I like music, football, films and the odd video game, so I imagine that's what I'll mostly write about. Well, that and what I get up to in my life, which isn't alot.

So..uh...let's see, I think for my first post I'll talk about...games! I've just recently dug out my Nintendo 64, Super Nintendo and NES, connected them all up and to my telly, and now my room is a mess of console and wire, but I've found I don't have as many SNES or NES games as I want, especially NES. So I'm going to head out to Edinburgh soon and have a poke about, see what I can find. I'm not going to look too much on eBay, it infuriates me to no end (no matter how obscure the item is I'm looking for, there's always at least one other bugger who wants it too and is willing to pay 1p more than my max bid, the arsehole!). I'll be sure to update with anything I find in Edinburgh, though.

I'm still waiting for a couple of DVDs in the post, namely Doctor Zhivago and an Alfred Hitchcock collection with 14 films in it, none of which I've seen. I really should be revising for exams and the like but I don't have it in me at all, I'd much rather sit around watching films, playing old consoles and buggering about on the internet. Infact the days have pretty much been merging into one another, so much so that I continually forget what day it actually is. I was reading about the Chelsea - Barcelona game and thought "Is that tomorrow?" then realised it was Friday and the game wasn't for another 4 days...

I joined the Album Club at Avalanche Records not long ago, the first CD came in the post a couple of weeks ago, was by a band called The Flowers of Hell. It was shit though, definitely hoping for something better next month...

Anyway, last night I watched a film called Harvey, with James Stewart in. It's about a warm, well-mannered man named Elwood P. Dowd (James Stewart) who happens to have a six foot three and a half inch rabbit that only he can see named Harvey as a companion. I thought it was excellent, very sweet, funny and just a joy to watch. My favourite part in the entire film was this line, said by James Stewart's character:

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

It brought a smile to my face instantly, and with that, I'm off to try and be as pleasant as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! It's Char's friend Sarah, btw.

    ReplyDelete